The science consultant team at Heartland AEA strives to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to support the development of scientifically-literate, global citizens. It is our mission to support and advance the implementation of the Iowa Core Science Standards and the development of high-quality science experiences for all students.
Heartland AEA offers a variety of services in the area of scientific knowledge and skills. Consultants provide assistance in designing curriculum, coaching instruction and using technology for science instruction.
Areas of Support
- Implementing the Iowa Core Science Standards and Universal Constructs
- Designing rigorous and engaging science instruction
- Developing science assessments
- Reviewing or adopting new science curriculum
- Promoting equity in science classrooms
- Integrating STEM
- Incorporating environmental education
- Utilizing science resources
- Integrating science with other disciplines
- Supporting science PLCs