Skip to main content
Heartland Area Education Agency Print Header
Main Content

Speech-Language Pathology

Speech-language pathologists work with children who have a variety of communication needs. These needs are generally related to articulation, language, voice, fluency and early literacy. Speech-language pathologists also serve students who have complex communication needs associated with disabilities such as autism, physical impairment and head injury.

Several options are available for service delivery so that the student's individual needs are addressed. Service delivery options range from consultation and training with the student's educational team to one-to-one intervention with the student. Speech-language pathologists work closely with teachers to support and enrich communication development in the classroom and work with school districts to provide inservice training on communication-related topics.

For more information on speech-language services, contact the regional director who serves your district.

If you are a parent who has concerns that your child is exhibiting signs of delayed speech development, visit our Getting Started with Special Education page.

© 2019 Heartland AEA 11. All Rights Reserved.