Braille transcription services are provided for students who are blind or visually impaired by a Library of Congress certified Braillist. If a student needs Braille materials, contact a vision itinerant teacher through the Iowa Educational Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
Books and educational materials can be converted to .kes digital files. Kurzweil 3000 is a writing, learning and reading software solution for struggling students. It presents printed or electronic text on the computer screen with added audible and visual accessibility. The Kurzweil software includes features such as powerful decoding, study skills and writing and test-taking tools designed to adapt to each individual student's learning style.
How to Get Started
- The school must own Kurzweil 3000 software in order to use the .kes files.
- Schools must own the copyrighted books and assign a book to each student who is using an alternative format.
- The scanned files must be used exclusively for students who have an identified disability documented on an IEP or 504 accommodation plan.
- The files must not be reproduced or distributed.
- Book bindings will be removed for scanning and will be replaced with alternative binding.
To order materials, fill out the form below. Please note that you will have to send in materials to be scanned. Include a purchase order if required by your district.
■ AIM/AEM Scanning Request Form (PDF)
For more information or questions, contact: