The Iowa Educators Consortium (IEC) and the Iowa Association for Educational Purchasing (IAEP) cooperative food purchasing program have united to become AEA Purchasing! Iowa's Area Education Agencies launched a statewide cooperative purchasing program in 1999, and to date, these services have saved Iowa schools and non-profit educational organizations over $100 million! In an effort to streamline statewide AEA programs, all cooperative purchasing responsibilities will now operate under AEA Purchasing. The names have changed, but the goals remain the same:
- Save Iowa schools time and money
- Research products and form vendor partnerships through a competitive process
- Offer a wide range of value-added services
- Remain a self-supporting organization and give back to participating organizations through food rebates and funding of statewide projects
- Collaborate with AEAs and school districts to develop synergy that can’t be attained through individual efforts
- Help both large and small school districts acquire quality products and training at an equitable price
All vendor partners, contracts and pricing will remain the same. Visit the AEA Purchasing website for product categories, vendor partners, contacts, how to order and pricing! Subscribe to their monthly newsletters to stay informed.