Course registration is now available for a fantastic ELL learning opportunity!
Advocating for ELLs: Overview for Teachers and Teacher Leaders
Dates: April 23-24, 2015
Time: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Check-in from 8-8:30 a.m.)
Location: Stoney Creek Inn, Johnston, Iowa, Northwoods Conference Room
Activity Number: ES008899991501
License renewal credit will be awarded for full participation.
- Administrators are encouraged to attend all three days
- Title III funds available to cover the cost of substitute teachers (reimbursement claim forms available at event)
- Diane Staehr Fenner’s book Advocating for English Learners: A Guide for Educators will be purchased for each participant
- To accommodate travel time, please note the revised starting time from a previous communication
- Please register by March 13 to provide time to order books
And save the date….
Our Kids Summer Institute is scheduled this year for June 16-17, 2015. The institute provides participants with the opportunity to network with other educational professionals and to discover new strategies for working with English Language Learners throughout Iowa. More details coming soon!