In response to the ever-growing population of mobile users, Heartland AEA is pleased to debut its new mobile website! This website will automatically load on a web browser (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.) when it is accessed on a smartphone or tablet device. It is specially designed to be mobile-friendly and features large buttons to tap with your fingers instead of small text-based links that you are accustomed to clicking when using a computer.
The mobile site is not a full recreation of our main website—it features those items that we know our clients use most often:
- Professional Development Catalog
- Reserve Materials
- Online Resources
- Calendar (coming soon!)
- Staff Directory
- Contact Us
Some of you may be wondering why we chose to do a mobile site over an app since apps are so popular right now. Here are a few reasons why:
- Heartland AEA didn’t need to go through Apple or Android to have an app approved, and we don’t need to go through them to have it updated, so we have control over and easy publishing rights to the content on the site.
- Mobile sites are easier to find than apps that have to be searched for on the App Store or Android Market.
- A mobile site doesn’t have to be downloaded to your device as an app would, so it does not take up valuable data on your phone or tablet. Updates don’t have to be downloaded, either.
- Mobile websites are always available for users to return to them.
- Mobile websites are accessible across platforms and can be easily shared among users and search engines.
We encourage you to take out your mobile devices and check out the mobile site! Send your feedback to email@example.com. Please spread the word about the site to your educators, students and families!